Denture Services In North Lakes
Replacing teeth on a budget
Dentures have come a long way in aesthetics and functionality from what you remember your grandparents using. Modern dentures are more natural looking, stay in place better and are a more budget conscious option for replacing teeth.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are basically a plate with artificial teeth that can fill one of more gaps in your natural teeth.
Denture Fitting At Mango Hill
As part of our denture services, we take moulds or x rays of your mouth and then have your denture custom made to fit your mouth and bite precisely. To keep your dentures in place and feeling firm, they might have clasps or wires to wrap around existing teeth if appropriate for your mouth. This can give you extra confidence that your dentures won’t come out while eating or talking.
On-Going Denture Services
Over the lifetime of your dentures, you may need to have them relined due to changes or movement in your mouth and gums. At Mango Hill Dental, we aim for you to have the best experience possible and can take care of any subsequent adjustments your dentures may need.
- New dentures may take a couple of weeks to get used to
- If they continue to feel uncomfortable or won’t stay in place, contact Mango Hill Dental to organise adjustments
*If you have had teeth removed to accommodate your dentures, see the recovery and aftercare instructions under Extractions.
- Treat your dentures with the same care as your normal teeth
- Proper aftercare will help to prevent inflamed gums, bacterial and fungal infections or further loss of your natural teeth
- It is recommended that you remove your dentures overnight, place them in a glass of water or denture cleaner
- Stick to recommended relines to ensure the best denture fit ongoingly
- Rinse your dentures after eating
- Brush your dentures daily with a non-abrasive denture cleaner
- Rinse dentures after soaking in denture cleaner before placing back in your mouth
*If you have had teeth removed to accommodate your denture, see the recovery and aftercare instructions under Extractions.