Dental Implants in Brisbane at Mango Hill Dental
The best in tooth replacements
Dental implants are an effective way to permanently replace a tooth which has been lost or must be removed. Your dentist will create a strong titanium implant topped with a permanent or removable crown, made to match your natural teeth.
Are Tooth Implants the Right Choice for Me?
Dental implants are used mainly for missing teeth or teeth that need to be removed due to decay or trauma. Tooth implants are the best solution for people who can’t have or don’t feel comfortable with crowns, bridges or dentures. One significant advantage of implants is that they keep the teeth on either side of a gap intact and promote their longevity. Some patients prefer to have a full set of teeth implants as opposed to dentures; whether this is right for you is all down to personal preference and your budget.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Fitting a tooth implant takes a few small procedures over the course of a few months. Your North Lakes dental implant specialist will start by placing the small titanium implant into your jawbone under the gums. This will then require between 3 and 6 months to fuse to the bone and provide the stable base on which to fit your new tooth. When your dentist is satisfied that the implant is secure, we will fit a new porcelain crown which is colour-matched to your existing teeth to achieve a natural look.
Restore Self-Confidence with Dental Implants
Living with a missing tooth or teeth can drastically affect your confidence. Not only can worrying about appearance leave you feeling embarrassed about smiling, laughing and talking, but the discomfort caused by a damaged or lost tooth can make eating a difficult task. Having an implant fitted will restore your natural smile and give you back the freedom to socialise and enjoy daily life without a second thought to your teeth.
If you’d like to find out about dental implants in Brisbane North at Mango Hill or make an appointment for a consultation with our dental implant specialists, call our friendly team now on (07) 4736 8114 or visit our contact page for more ways to get in touch.
* Any surgical or invasive procedure caries risks, before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- Healing may take several months as the jaw bone grows into the dental implant
- A partial denture can often be placed on the implant while it is healing if needed
- Your gums, face and jaw will feel tender or sore for a few days to a couple of weeks
- Skin and gums might look bruised
- It is common to feel pain at the implant site
- Monitor pain escalation as infection can occur – pain relief or antibiotics may be needed
- Minor bleeding may occur for 24 hours post surgery
- Your jaw might be sore due to having your mouth open for the length of the procedure
- Avoid rice, nuts, seeds, popcorn or anything that may affect the site
- Avoid smoking for at least 24 hours or longer – it slows healing
- Avoid vigorous rinsing and brushing the area for at least 24 hours
- Avoid exercise for 3-4 days post surgery
- Salt water rinses are recommended 2-3 times per day especially after eating
- Ice packs on for 20 minutes then off for 20 minutes to reduce swelling and discomfort
- If heavy bleeding is persistent then phone Mango Hill Dental for further advice